Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Welcome to the Dark House by Laurie Faria Stolrz


Hello and thank you for joining me today. Hope all is well and right in your world, during this crazy time of the dreaded Corona virus. Today, I want to talk about a book that my son shared with me, that his English teacher shared with him. Thank you teachers for inspiring our kids to do something useful with this time!! Isn't it great that we can visit other places in book; that we can have amazing adventures and learn new things!! Well, here is my review of Welcome to the Dark House, a truly scary adventure indeed!

The Cover:

What a creepy cover! It really isn't all that creepy when you think about it though. A girl stands in front of a brightly lit carousel. Not creepy-until you put the title over it. Then it is just sinister. 

The Plot:

Welcome to the Dark House was a good story of mystery, suspense, and horror. It was well written and imaginative, a good read to spook the reader. There were good twists and turns and you couldn't wait to read what happened next. Normally I would be on the edge of my seat, gobbling up a good horror, but it just felt like something was missing. I just can't put my finger on it. The premise was great, I was just a little bored.

The Characters:

Our characters were fun; I mean except for Natalie. Natalie was just so far disturbed there was no way she could be called fun. She was still an interesting character. Ivy, Parker, and Frankie were definitely my favorites. But even though Shayla and Darth are the characters you want to hate, they are still fun to read. 

Was It Worth Reading?: 

Yes! Welcome to the Dark House was a fun read; a little creepy with a lot of mystery. I did enjoy it, so much so that I have ordered Enter the Dark House, which is both Book 1 and 2 together. (So look forward to the second review coming soon) I highly recommend Welcome to the Dark House to readers of YA mystery and drama and give it 4 out of 5 crossbows. 

No comments:

Post a Comment