Monday, August 18, 2014

Where She Went by Gayle Forman

Where She Went (If I Stay, #2)Genre: YA Contemporary
Release Date: April 5, 2011
Publisher: Speak
Format: Paperback                 Pages: 264
Series: If I Stay #2
Sources: Purchased from Chapters


Goodreads Synopsis

It's been three years since Mia walked out of Adam's life.
And three years he's spent wondering why.
When their paths cross again in New York City, Adam and Mia are brought back together for one life-changing night.
Adam finally has the opportunity to ask Mia the questions that have been haunting him. But will a few hours in this magical city be enough to lay their past to rest, for good - or can you really have a second chance at first love?

My Thoughts: 

The Cover: The cover to Where She Went is pretty, yet plain. Again, it seems kinda light-hearted nothing like the contents of the actual story. I liked the slightly unfocused cover, but it just really didn't seem to fit the book.

The Plot:  You know those books that you want to devour and you do for the first half or so? Then, you slow down and savour the rest because you just don't want it to end? This is one of those books for me. What an amazing story. Sequel to If I Stay, Where She Went was very well written, very involving and very emotional.

The Characters: Our characters, though limited, were again very well defined. I enjoyed reading about Mia and Adam again, although it was hard to see how the original tragedy destroyed them. They each had to remake themselves, pick up the pieces in whatever way they knew how.

Is it Worth Reading?:  Without a doubt. I loved every second of this book, of both books actually. I felt every emotion with this series, which is a big thing for me. It has become one of my favorites. I highly recommend it to everyone; in fact, my mother has read both books and my sister is reading If I Stay, although she is a much slower reader, with a much busier life. Where She Went gets 5/5 crossbows.




No comments:

Post a Comment