Sunday, November 2, 2014

November at Becca's Book Affair

NaNoWriMoHey all my friends, and Happy Sunday Reading!! What are you reading today?

I am presently between books, although I do have two sitting in my email, awaiting download. Both for authors that I love! It will be hard to choose, but I will get to them as soon as I can!

In the meantime, I have an announcement……I honestly meant to fill you in on this sooner and I am so sorry that I did not. Please forgive me. Oh yes, the news……I am doing NaNoWriMo this month. For anyone who does not know what that is, translation—National Novel Writing Month. Participants sign up to write 50,000 words in 30 days, so the month of November. I have started my novel, easily got through the first days word count, even though it was a really busy day. But today has been a write-off so far. I made Day of the Dead cupcakes this a.m., have a Celebration of the Cycle of Life and Death ritual with the monster this afternoon, and spending time with my ill family member tonight. But the good news is that tomorrow, the kids go back to school and (provided I get some sleep tonight) I will have approximately 6 hours uninterrupted to catch up whatever I can’t do today. Which may be all of today’s word count; we shall see.

So, of course this means that I will not be posting many reviews this month. But I promise, only this month. December will be as many book reviews as I can possible read and write!! Trust me, after a month of recording my own thoughts, I am going to want to gorge on other author’s stories lol

I will post updates on how things are going as frequently as possible.  Thanks so much for your patience, as writing my own novel has been a dream of mine since I was about 14 years old. Anyone want to participate with me? It is only day two, so there is still time to jump in!! Doesn’t matter where in this great big world you live! Anyone can participate!! Find details at http://nanowrimo.org/    Give it a try! You never know, you might write a book!! Let me know if you do; we can buddy up and cheer each other on.

Ya, so that is what’s happening here in cold, cold Canada. Yes, I know, it’s only November. And no, I don’t know how I am going to survive the winter. But I do know I will survive November with the heat from my laptop lol
Hope you are all doing well and enjoying whatever you are reading. Don’t hesitate to leave me links to your books, blogs, reviews, books you are excited to read, whatever you want. I will need the help to stay in touch with reality this month!! Lol


Happy Reading,

No comments:

Post a Comment