Thursday, May 7, 2015

The Zodiac Legacy: Convergence by Stan Lee & Stuart Moore

The Zodiac Legacy: Convergence (Zodiac, #1)
Art by: Andie Tong
Genre: Middle Grade Fantasy, Superheroes, Adventure, Mythology
Release Date:  January 27, 2015
Publisher: Disney Press
Format: Paperback            Pages: 480
Series: Zodiac #1    
Source: Kristen @ My Bookish Fairytale

Goodreads Synopsis:

Stan Lee presents a brand new, magical, super-powered adventure!

When twelve magical superpowers are unleashed on the world, a Chinese-America teenager named Steven will be thrown into the middle of an epic global chase. He'll have to master strange powers, outrun super-powered mercenaries, and unlock the mysterious powers of the Zodiac.

My Thoughts:

The Cover: The cover for the ARC literally dipicts the Chinese Zodiac and while I think it was cool hand drawn by the awesome and very talented Andie Tong (whose amazing art is throughout the book) I hope the published copy has a cover with just a little more kick!!

The Plot:  It has been awhile since I have been able to finish a book in under 48 hour. The storyline to Zodiac is absolutely mind blowing. I totally devoured every delicious word, every edge of your seat fight scene, every angsty, do I have what it takes moment of every page. This story was red velvet cupcake for my brain!!

Characters:  Stan Lee and Stuart Moore have created some pretty awesome characters. They all come from their own trials and tribulations, but they all must go through their own growth and development, which was pretty cool to read. Anyone familiar with Stan Lee's writing will recognize his formula for protagonists—angsty and always second guessing themselves. I think that is why I love Steven so much. You just want to shake him and say: “Dude, you kickass. Now get out there and save the day!” I also loved the cocky attitude of the Ram.


Is it Worth Reading?:  Ah hell, I mean heck yes!! Devour it my friends! Let the words of the comic superhero masters feed your soul! Ok, enough fangirling. Honestly, readers of will enjoy every moment of this book. I highly recommend Convergence, cannot wait for the next morsel of the story, and give it five out of five crossbows.


No comments:

Post a Comment