Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Starry Night by Isabel Gillies

Starry NightGenre: YA Fiction, Romance, New York
Release Date: September 2, 2014
Publisher: Farrar, Straus and Giroux(BYR)
Format: ebook
Pages: 336
Sources: Publisher

Goodreads Synopsis:

Sometimes one night can change everything. On this particular night, Wren and her three best friends are attending a black-tie party at the Metropolitan Museum of Art to celebrate the opening of a major exhibit curated by her father. An enormous wind blasts through the city, making everyone feel that something unexpected and perhaps wonderful will happen. And for Wren, that something wonderful is Nolan. With his root-beer-brown Michelangelo eyes, Nolan changes the way Wren’s heart beats. In Isabel Gillies's Starry Night, suddenly everything is different. Nothing makes sense except for this boy. What happens to your life when everything changes, even your heart? How much do you give up? How much do you keep?

My Thoughts:

The Cover: The beautiful cover of this book is one of my favorite paintings, Starry Night by Vincent Van Gogh. It is really what made me jump on this book. I had to read it and I am not disappointed.

The Plot:  Starry Night is a love story or I guess a story of falling in love. It is very well written. It gives the reader those feelings; you fall in love with Wren and then with Nolan. I love when a book brings feelings to the reader. To really enjoy a book, to really enjoy Starry Night, feeling those emotions of the young friends, as they learn and grow and become, is essential, I think.

Characters:  I loved all the characters. Wren was my favorite, but they all were amazingly well written, well developed and it was easy to identify with them, whether it was the “Turtles” as they were affectionately nicknamed, or Wren’s mom and dad, Nolan or Dinah; Cute and adorable little Dinah. It was awesome reading about how close they all were and as they experienced love in all its wonderful, sometimes scary forms.

Is it Worth Reading?:  Absolutely, it was just what the book doctor ordered! A change in pace, that I very much enjoyed. I could not put it down!

I am just sad that it is a stand alone and I won’t get to read anymore about our Turtles as they get out into the big world. I recommend Starry Night to readers of YA romance and give it 5 out of 5 crossbows.

No comments:

Post a Comment